Our Supporter Promise
Our Fundraising Promise to you
At Prospect Hospice, we believe every person who has a life-limiting illness should have access to expert care and support. You, like all our wonderful supporters, are crucial in helping us achieve this vision.
The generous support of our community has been invaluable to us since Prospect Hospice was founded in 1980 and it is thanks to this generosity that last year we were able to deliver our care and services free of charge to more patients and their families than ever before.
We know you expect us to behave correctly and spend your money wisely, and that’s why we want to share our promise with you, as without you Prospect Hospice would not exist.
We will respect your privacy and choices
- We will never sell your data or personal information to any external organisation outside of Prospect Hospice. For more details on the information we record and how it’s used, see below for a copy of our How We Use Your Information Leaflet.
- We will never make cold telephone calls to members of the public asking for support.
We will have a friendly and honest approach
- When you contact us we will always be polite and friendly, and try to resolve any concerns or issues with you directly.
- Any complaints received will be dealt with in line with our robust complaints procedure.
- When we do get things wrong we will be open and honest about our mistakes, and apologise and resolve them. We will always work hard to prevent them occurring again.
We will use your donations responsibly
- We will always spend your donations in the most responsible way to best support the lives of local people living with end-of-life needs, and the needs of their families too.
We will demonstrate the need for your support
- We will keep you up to date and share with you stories of how your donations make a real difference to our patients and their families.
We will ensure you are happy with how we contact you
- We have made it clear and easy for you to choose how you hear from us. You can choose your preferences here www.prospect-hospice.net/opt-out.
- We will be especially careful and sensitive when engaging with vulnerable people and will adhere to the Institute of Fundraising policy on fundraising with vulnerable people.
We will be accountable at all times
If you wish to discuss any of our supporter promise further then please do not hesitate to contact our Supporter Care team on 01793 816161.
Once again, we thank you for your ongoing support for Prospect Hospice and for helping to make Prospect Hospice what it is today.