Prospect Hospice has been providing end of life care to the people of Swindon and north east Wiltshire for over 40 years. Find out more about where we've come from and who we are here.
Find out about the range of end-of-life care services that we offer to patients and their families. These delivered free of charge and are designed to provide compassionate, personalised support during every stage of a life-limiting illness in every kind of care setting, to anyone who needs it.
We couldn’t do what we do without considerable support from our local community. Find out all the different ways in which you can support Prospect Hospice, including fundraising, volunteering and purchasing from our shops. All contributions are greatly appreciated and enables us to deliver care that is free of charge to our patients and their families.
1. Registration and entry 1.1 By submitting your registration and paying the fee you are agreeing to enter our event and also agree to abide by the following conditions of entry, and any instructions given to you by the events team and marshals of the event.
2. Event safety 2.1 At all times during the event you must adhere to all instructions given by the events team and marshals. 2.2 It is your responsibility to ensure that you, and any minors you are bringing with you, have the correct equipment, footwear and clothing for the event, taking the weather conditions into account. 2.3 Please check the event FAQ’s on whether you will be permitted to be accompanied by your pets when participating in the event. 2.4 All participants must register at the desks on arrival where your wristband allocation will be collated against your emergency contact details. 2.5 You are not permitted to use any item that could potentially inhibit the flow or safety of other participants or which we, in our reasonable opinion, deem may cause danger or risk of danger to you or other participants. 2.6 You warrant to Prospect Hospice that you, and any of the minors you are bringing are, and will be on the event date, sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the event. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you seek medical advice. 2.7 The event is over uneven/ dark terrain and through residential areas. By submitting this registration form you understand the potential risks of monitoring and being aware of road areas, trips or falls in this style of event. You also need to ensure all minors are being kept safe and secure at all times.
3. Refusal to participate or request to leave 3.1 We reserve the right to refuse entry to the event or ask you to cease participation if:- 3.1.1 You fail to follow instructions given by the events team/ marshals; 3.1.2 You attempt to participate in the event in a manner that we, acting reasonably, believe:- (a) may cause injury to you; (b) may cause injury to another participant; (c) may damage or harm the environment; (d) is likely to cause offence; or (e) otherwise causes a risk or potential risk to health and safety 3.1.3 In our opinion you are unfit to participate in the event due to:- (a) the consumption of alcohol; (b) the use of drugs; (c) an injury or illness.
4. Cancellation by Prospect Hospice 4.1 We may cancel the event if circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, including, without limitation, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism or inclement weather conditions. 4.2 In such circumstances:- 4.2.1 We will endeavour to stage the event at a later date either at the same venue or at an alternative venue. Any changes to the event will be communicated to you at the event or sooner if practicable; 4.2.2 You will have the right to take part in the re-staged event; and 4.2.3 If you are unable to take part in the re-staged event you will receive a refund of the fees.
5. Data protection 5.1 You agree that your personal information can be stored and used by Prospect Hospice in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the event. We will use your data to contact you from time to time with information about the hospice that we feel may be of interest to you, like our events, activities, news and ways you can get involved more if you want to. You can change your contact preferences and how we communicate with you any time on 01793 816161, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on our website here. For more detail on how we use your information please click here.
6. Changes to the event 6.1 We reserve the right to reduce the course distance, change the course, or make any other amendment to the event that we deem necessary to stage the event. Any change to the event will be communicated to you at the event or sooner if practicable.
7. Media/ imagery consent detail
At Prospect Hospice, we produce a wide range of materials to tell people about our services and raise money for our work. These materials are a really powerful way of promoting the work of the hospice within the local community and beyond.
On completing your registration form you can give us full permission to images and any personal information you supply to us in our media applications, which reasonably promote or advertise Prospect Hospice’s aims (this may be included in our printed publications; adverts; audio-visual and electronic materials; media work; display materials; our website; our social media channels and any other media we may use in future). Please understand that these materials will be stored on our database for future use for up to two years. It should also be noted that once these materials are published and in circulation (for example in a new newspaper or on the website) they may be copied and used by others.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com or calling 01793 816179.
7.1 You agree that your image can be used by Prospect Hospice for the purposes of the promotion and marketing of the event, unless you have specified otherwise in your registration. 7.2 You agree that you have sought and provided full photographic/filming consent for any minors you have registered to attend with you, or that you have provided full withdrawal of consent for imagery of under 18 year olds as requested by their parent or guardian. 7.3 The event may be televised and photographs may be taken which capture your participation in the event. You agree to the publication of photographs and broadcasts of your image which accurately depict your participation in the event unless you have specified otherwise.
8. Medical conditions 8.1 You must complete all the required medical information fields on the registration form prior to participating in the event. Medical information will only be used to allow medical assistance to be given on the event date. You are responsible for providing this information for any minors who will be attending with you.
9. Liability 9.1 In no event shall we be liable to you, whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with the agreement for any: 10.1.1 Loss or damage; 9.1.2 Loss of profit; 9.1.3 Loss of reputation; 9.1.4 Loss of business, revenue or goodwill; 9.1.5 Loss of anticipated savings; 9.1.6 Pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity; or 9.1.7 Consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage: (a) would arise in the ordinary course of events; (b) is reasonably foreseeable; or (c) is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise. 9.2 Nothing in this agreement shall affect our liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law. 9.3 We shall procure and maintain appropriate third party liability insurance for the event for our own benefit. you: (a) acknowledge that you are not entitled to benefit under such insurance where any claim is made against you by a third party for death, personal injury or damage to property arising out of or in connection with your negligent actions or omissions whilst participating in the event; and (b) shall indemnify us and keep us indemnified against any claim made against us by a third party for death, personal injury or damage to property arising out of or in connection with your negligent actions or omissions whilst participating in the event.
10. Refund policy 10.1 Once we have confirmed your participation in the event we will not provide any refund if you choose to cancel the agreement other than in accordance with condition four.
11. Supervision of children 11.1 All children aged 17 years and under must be accompanied and supervised by an adult during the event. We ask that all people bringing minors run through our behaviour code with the children who will be attending.
Please feel free to contact our fundraising team with any questions about this code or related topics: Tel: 01793 816161 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospect Hospice is a working name of Prospect Hospice Limited. Registered Office: Moormead Road, Wroughton, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN4 9BY. A company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (1494909) and a charity registered in England and Wales (280093)Website designed & built by Boson Web