Prospect Hospice is the leading provider of education and training for end-of-life care in Swindon and north Wiltshire. Working closely with you, our colleagues within partner organisations, we want to ensure that the very best care is available to everyone facing the end of life. This is why we provide education and development opportunities, all of which aim to encourage learning and build confidence in end-of-life care and support.
Our team of skilled clinicians are at the heart of our education programme and work alongside our education team. They are passionate about sharing their skills and experience, ensuring all activities are delivered with integrity and that they are relevant to local need too.
Please read through the courses we offer at Prospect Hospice and other locations to find out how we can help you to develop your professional end-of-life care skills.
You can book courses and pay securely through this website. Alternatively, contact us at email@example.com or on 01793 816183 for more information.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the stated start time.
It might not always be possible for you to come to us or you may simply prefer us to deliver something tailor-made for your team. If you have a group of staff with training needs, or the courses in this programme don’t quite match your needs, we can be flexible. We will always be happy to come to you and discuss your team’s requirements.
Why choose a bespoke training package?
We specialise in delivering bespoke healthcare training for the care industry.
- Tailor-made training to suit your needs
- Training that staff find both useful and enjoyable
- Professional certificates and resource packs
- Courses at a time convenient to you
- On-site training at your place of work or venue of choice
For further information or to discuss your individual needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01793 816183.
- End-of-Life Care and Human Rights - Monday 4 December, 10am - 4pm
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in End-of-Life Care (5-day course) - Wednesday 6 December, 9.30am - 4pm
- Getting to know Prospect Hospice - Thursday 14 December, 10am - 12pm
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards - Friday 15 December, 9.30am - 4pm
- Listening with your eyes - Friday 19 January, 10am - 12pm
- T34 McKinley Syringe Driver Training - Tuesday 23 January, 2 - 5pm
- NCFE Level 2 Award in End-of-Life Care and Dementia (2 day course) - Wednesday 31 January, 9.30am - 4pm
- End-of-Life Care and Human Rights - Thursday 8 February, 12.30 - 4.30pm
- Care of adults in the last days of life - Friday 23 February, 9.30am - 4pm
- Getting to know Prospect Hospice - Wednesday 28 February, 2 - 4pm
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in End-of-Life Care (5-day course) - Thursday 3 May, 9.30am - 4pm
- Managing breathlessness - Friday 18 May, 9.30am - 4pm
- Supporting children and families in coping with serious illness, dying and bereavement - Wednesday 23 May, 9.30am - 4pm
- Getting to know Prospect Hospice - Wednesday 6 June, 10am - 12pm
- T34 McKinley syringe driver training - Friday 8 June, 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Top up your toolbox - managing distressing symptoms in end-of-life care - Thursday 21 June, 9.30am - 4pm
- Nutrition in end-of-life care - Tuesday 26 June, 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Neurological conditions - Friday 20 July, 9.30am - 4pm
NCFE Level 3 Certificate in End-of-Life Care (5-day course)
The certificate brings a unique opportunity to engage in high quality training informed by the expertise that is synonymous with the care and services provided by Prospect Hospice.
The certificate requires you to complete five theory-based training modules at Prospect Hospice. Each module consists of a one-day session and asks participants to demonstrate their learning through the development of a personal portfolio.
Understanding end-of-life care
Communication during end-of-life care
Assessment and care planning in end-of-life care
Person-centred approaches to end-of-life care
Care during the final hours of life and bereavement care
One of the benefits of the QCF is that learners can transfer credit from one qualification to another. Learners who have already achieved one or more of the units included in this qualification elsewhere can transfer the credit already achieved.
*For healthcare workers who wish to explore the modules of the certificate but not work towards achieving the full award, this course is available unaccredited, the cost of which is £300.
To book your place, please complete this form and email it to email@example.com.
The following charges apply:
8-28 days = 50% of fee
1-7 days = 100% of fee
Payment must be made before attending the course.
| Price per person:
||Prospect Hospice, Wroughton
||Book this course online >