Our shops

Gift Aid

We can claim back the tax on your donations

Gift Aid helps us make a difference

Boost your donations to Prospect Hospice by 25% with Gift Aid.

Did you know that by adding Gift Aid, your donations are worth 25% more to Prospect Hospice? Gift Aid helps us care for more people in your community at no extra cost to you.

Gift Aid adds 25% value to your donations; whether they’re clothes, books, chairs or a sofa. If you sign up in one of our shops, it only takes two minutes and costs you nothing.

What is Gift Aid?

• Gift Aid is a scheme run by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that means charities like Prospect Hospice can reclaim the tax on your donations at no extra cost to you.
• This means all your donations will be worth 25% more to us. So if your donations sell for £10, we will actually receive £12.50.

Who can become a Gift Aider?

• You must be a current UK taxpayer, but this is not limited to tax on earnings.
• You also qualify if you pay tax on a pension, savings, property sales or rental income. Council Tax and VAT will not qualify as income tax.
• You only need to have paid as much in tax as Prospect Hospice will reclaim on your donations.
• Make sure you’re happy with our Gift Aid terms and conditions.

How do I become a Gift Aider?

Fill in a form in any of our shops, or ask our van driver when you are donating items of furniture to us. Rest assured, we will never share your details with third parties.

How much value has Gift Aid added to my donations?

When your donations have sold we’ll write to you every year to let you know how much they have raised.

If you are currently receiving letters about Gift Aid from us and would rather be contacted by email you can change you preferences by emailing us here.

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.
Please notify us if you want to cancel this declaration, change your name or home address or no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.